Monday, February 2, 2009

Update: Back to LA


Remember all that stuff I wrote about moving to Boulder? Well, that might've been a tad premature. Really, it was more of a test drive than anything else, and as it turns out, I'm not buying. Although I'll always love Boulder, and visit as often as I can, all things considered, LA has more for me right now -- in terms of career opportunities, friends, and of course, my wife and kids, er, pets. So now I'm headed back this week, and looking for work. If you hear of something, you just let me know.

It's amazing what a little taste of something new can do to remind you of the upside of what was old. It's like the backup QB for an NFL team without a stud starting QB. Every time the starter stumbles, you imagine the backup might be better. But when the backup plays, you usually see pretty quickly why he's the backup. After living apart from my wife, my home, and my routine for a week and a half, I'm ready to get a big ol' heaping of the old.

No comments: