Thursday, December 25, 2008

Random Video: Merry Christmas Version!

I'm still stuffed from Christmas dinner -- crab cakes, stuffing, artichoke-spinach-cheese dip. I swear, I'm never eating again. So I'm in no mood to write. I am, however, in the mood to post video clips of the openings to some of the cheesey short-lived 80's TV shows I watched as a kid. Like 'The Phoenix':



I was really into that one. But when I first learned about this show (from the TV Guide Fall Preview Edition), I was as excited as a 12 year old nerd can be. Even then, at that tender, young age, when I finally saw it, I immediately knew that 'Manimal'was not all I had hoped it would be:



This next one, on the other hand, was one of my very favorite shows as a kid:



Another favorite (I had a crush on the girl, Amy Steele):



Another disappointment, 'Misfits of Science' followed 'Miami Vice' so I was sure it would be good. It wasn't -- as you can probably tell from the opening (with Courtney Cox):



Finally, the worst of them all -- 'Automan':



One last link: I saw this very funny piece by this guy on Kurt Sutter's blog, SutterInk (linked on the side).

Merry Christmas. Don't say I never gave you nuthin'.

No comments: