Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Random Video: Happy New Year Edition!

A couple of really random videos today, but first a quick programming note:

I have just one screener left -- 'The Wrestler', which I'll post a review of by the end of the weekend. I seen a couple which I haven't reviewed -- 'What Doesn't Kill You' and 'Nothing But The Truth' (and no, I haven't kept from reviewing them out of a vendetta against movie titles with half of a famous saying in them). They were both somewhat enjoyable, and I may get around to posting reviews of them in the not-too-distant future, but won't make my year-end Top 10 list. 'The Wrestler' might.

Wait, did I say Top 10 list? You bet your goddamn ass I did. Next week, I'll roll out my lists for Top 10 Movies and Top 10 TV Shows of 2008. A nation awaits breathlessly. Or not. Let's get to the clips...

Here is a clip from some BBC documentary about nature. It's from a segment about the Lyre, a bird which mimics noises it hears -- kind of like this guy. The 1:50 mark is where it gets interesting -- the bird imitates different cameras the crew uses, and even a car alarm. It's really pretty amazing.



This next one is tres bizarre -- an Italian ad for Alfa Romeo, who apparently uses a (fake) sloth as its mascot/spokesperson. It this, the sloth goes to the beach, gets drunk, and gets his groove on at a club.



(Hat tip to Film Drunk for the videos)

No comments: