Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bunch O' Shite

Today, I enjoyed a rarity -- a meeting at a studio that went well and was promising, with notes given which made sense and were helpful. It had gotten to the point I was doubting whether those even existed anymore. It may not lead to anything, but it was nice just to be reminded of the possibilities. In celebration, I'm posting a buffet of treats. Links, photos, news, I got it all. And you want it. You know you want it. You want it so bad, you dirty little tramp, blog you.

--The WBC marches on, and so does the U.S. squad, who won in dramatic fashion in an elimination game. The semi-finals now include the U.S., Venezuela, and Korea, who beat Japan again to win their pool. Japan now plays Cuba in an elimination game to determine the final semi-finalist.

--Sasha Baron Cohen aired some footage of his upcoming movie based on his gay Austrian character, Bruno, at SXSW, and Cinematical has some really great spoilers.

--Screen Junkies has their list of the best 80's TV theme songs. That's why I love them.

--And finally, this is a Stormtrooper taking a dump:

Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

successful meeting = awesome. Congrats dude

Josh von Awesome III said...

Yes, Anonymous, it is awesome. Especially, since I can't seem to get a "real" job.

Anonymous said...

Re: Jobs
I find out where I'm working for the next 3-7 years of my life tomorrow, which is absolutely terrifying.

Kevin (definition: anonymous- an individual to lazy to register for blogger)

Josh von Awesome III said...

That's rough, Kevin. I once dated a nurse, and her assignments were like 2 or 3 years, but 3-7, wow. Do you have any say at all, like a priority list or something?

Either way, good luck.

Anonymous said...

the residencies and the applicants both create lists (the application process has been going on since October). My breakdown goes something like this:

High likelihood:
Baltimore
San Francisco
Palo Alto

Possible:
Boston

remote possibility:
3 midwest cities and LA